Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The "Never Ending" Weekend.

Have you ever wished there were more seconds in a minute, more minutes in an hour, more hours in a day? Well, that was exactly what I was wishing for last weekend as my hubby and I had to attend a birthday party, a wedding, a “tahlil”, a get together luncheon with friends,a site visit to a friend’s new house, etc. All these functions within the span of 48 hours. Highlight of the weekend was meeting my standard 1 schoolmate Nita, whom I have not met for nearly 23 years. Had to meet her at the hospital though as her little princess was hospitalised for HFMD. (Hand, foot, mouth disease)


It was a jam-packed weekend for the family as we drove back to KL last Saturday. Earlier plan was to leave for KL right after Subuh prayers but ended up leaving around 7.3oam. By the time we reached Tuas (the Malaysia-Singapore Second Link) there was already a long queue of cars at all the Immigration checkpoints. Reason for queue, it was the beginning of the school holidays here in Singapore and it seems like the entire population of Singapore decided to go for “Cuti-Cuti Malaysia”. Finally, after waiting for like forever (though it was only about 40 minutes), we made our way into Johor.


Upon reaching my in laws place in Bangi around 12 noon, spent some time catching up with my in laws, had lunch and a quick shower. Around 3pm, left the house and off we went to Shah Alam for a friend’s daughter’s 1st birthday party in the midst of heavy downpour. We were the earliest guests at the party and had to wait for the birthday girl and the birthday girl’s Mom to get ready. Birthday girl totally gorgeous, results of mix parentage (Mom-Malay, Father-Dutch).


It was a quite a sweet affair but hubby and I was kind of “pissed” with these 2 ladies who came with their one year old sons. We were sitting by the playpen where they placed their sons and asked us (these 2 total strangers) to help look after the boys as they wanted to go and get a quick bite from the buffet. Thinking that it will only be for 15 to 20 minutes, we agreed to help out. As soon as the Mommies left, both boys started crying so Hubby and I had to pick them up to pacify them.


We ended being the unpaid nannies while the 2 mommies took their own sweet time eating, drinking and mingling with other guests. By then, my hubby was boiling mad that he carried both boys to their Mommies only to be told by the Mommies to put the boys down on the grass (next to where the Mommies were sitting and mingling) without a word of thank you. They didn’t even bother taking their sons from my husband.For them, their sons were just like accessories to bring to a friend’s kid’s party. In my opinion, they so do not deserve to have children.


After the party, we zoomed off to Ampang to my sister’s place. As hubby refused to listen to the wife’s suggestions we ended up taking the Guthrie Corridor Expressway from Shah Alam and what was supposed to be a 30 minutes drive took us one hour.  Upon arriving at my sister’s house, my hubby and I was asked by my sister to attend a wedding dinner on behalf of my Mom who went to Kuala Kangsar for a relative’s wedding.  And guess where the wedding venue was? Zoo Negara. Yup, you read it right. The wedding was held at the Zoo Negara. As I was not told that I would be attending a wedding dinner, had to go through my Mom’s closet and borrow one of her “baju kurung”.


Luckily, the wedding was “buffet-style”, so hubby and I made our way to the wedding, had dinner and then left. All within 30 minutes. I have to say though, the Zoo wedding was quite spectacular. They had beautiful lightings with real life birds at the “pelamin” and the wedding procession had animals from the Zoo accompanying the bride and groom - 2 pythons, 2 macaw birds, a civet and 2 miniature horses. I didn’t have a camera with me so I was unable to snap pictures. So if there’s anybody you know who plans to tie the knot, maybe you guys could suggest to them a “Zoo Wedding”.


After the wedding dinner, went back to my sister’s place and changed into my jeans and blouse and then off we went to Gleneagles to visit my friend’s daughter. Wish I could have met my friend in better surroundings and circumstances, but it was a sweet reunion nevertheless. Finally got to meet up with my dear old friend Nita, my standard one classmate when we were both studying in Assunta Convent, Kuantan.


From the hospital, we made our way to my friend’s parents home to collect my new Bottega handbag and hubby’s Gucci shoes (my friend who helped us buy the bag and shoes in Florence outlets, stays in Hong Kong so she passed our stuff to her Mom who was coming back to KL) The things we do for designer bags and shoes. When we finally reached my in laws place, it was already past midnight.


The following morning, around 11am, we left Bangi to attend a “tahlil” at Bukit Jelutong. As we had a get together luncheon to attend at my hubby’s friend’s house in Shah Alam, right after we finished reciting “Yassin” and prayers, without even having a drink, rushed for the get together luncheon. After lunch, made a short site visit to a married couple friend of ours new home which is under renovation as we wanted to check out their new “RM25,000” kitchen. (If they knew that I’m mentioning about their “RM25,000 kitchen here, I’m dead!!!) I really liked the kitchen. After seeing the kitchen, I can understand why it cost them RM25,000.


We finally made our way back to Singapore around 6.30pm. As it was nearly night, I had to take over the wheels as hubby’s night vision was not that good.  Furthermore, he had to work the following day, so at least he could have a short nap and some rest during the drive back to Singapore. Upon arriving Singapore, we had a quick dinner outside as it was just hubby and me. (We left our son with his grandparents in Bangi for some grandparents and grandson bonding time) and had to drop by our friend’s (who’s also a neighbour) place to get his spare sets of house keys as he needed me to help open the doors to his place for some furniture delivery the next morning.


We finally got to bed at 1.00am., after what seemed like a "never ending" weekend. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 comments:

  1. heheh..yes it was...then we continued with 2012 yesterday and the long weekend seems to not end!

    BTW, I followed the signboard and hence went to the long way- not my fault, blame it on JKR and their stupid roadsigns :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs Z,

    Yes, it was really nice to meet you after waiting for over a year to meet. Plan punya plan, last-last jumpa kat hospital. Maybe the next meeting, we ask Zuli to join us kan. Thank u and KaiserSoze (hmmm, interesting name!) for coming to visit my daughter that day. I really appreciate it. Btw, she's fine now. Tapi dah jadi terlebih manja pulak! Thanks Luv!

    Luv,
    N

    ReplyDelete