Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy 60th Birthday "Mak"!

My mother in law officially turned 60 on May 14th, 2010. Turning 60 is quite a milestone in a person's life, therefore the family (immediate and extended) made a big deal out of it by organizing 2 birthday celebrations for my MIL. The first one being a surprise birthday party organized by the children at Rebung Restaurant in Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur. The second birthday bash, was on a much bigger scale as it was celebrated with my MIL's brothers and sisters (and their families) in her hometown of Kuantan.

My MIL is one remarkable lady. A retired teacher and a mother of four (3 sons and a daughter), she is a breast cancer survivor who keeps herself busy with religious activities and helping out at cancer support organizations. A very open minded person whose's always optimistic about life, no matter how bad a situation may be, I'm proud to call her my mother in law.



Check out my MIL's surprise face!


The Family.


Me with MIL and her sisters at the Kuantan Birthday Bash.


MIL and FIL cutting the birthday cake.


Shafiq performing "Ode to Joy" for his grandma aka "Wan".


Us with Cousins 
(As Hubby is the eldest grandson, he has many young cousins)


All of us watching cousin "Nana" sing her heart out for MIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment