Monday, June 14, 2010

Air Asia - What you pay is what you get!

Hi People. I’m finally back in my humble abode here in Singapore. Been away for nearly 12 days as the family went on a trip to Gold Coast (GC), Australia. After Gold Coast, spent a few days in Kuala Lumpur (KL) for some quality time with our extended family. No matter how much fun we had in GC and KL, I found myself missing my own home, my bed, my pillows, etc. (Hubby says he misses my cooking the most! ) Nothing makes you appreciate your own home more than being away from it for some time.

We planned the trip to GC last November when Air Asia had it’s “0” fare promotion. Not actually “0” fare as you eventually have to pay for the airport taxes, baggage allowance, meal, etc . Grand total = RM1,500 for the three of us.  (Still a very good purchase if you were to compare to the non budget airlines. )

It was our first long haul flight via a budget airline. Seats on the flight was okay. The only thing missing was free food , drinks, in flight entertainment, pillows, blankets, etc. (You can still have all those but it comes with additional cost.) As it was an 8 hours flight plus the air conditioning in the flight sucks big time (it was so hot, I wish I was in shorts and tshirt), we were so hot and  thirsty throughout the flight. We bought about 6 bottles of mineral water (yup, even normal drinking water/ mineral water is not free!) which cost us RM4 for a 500 ml bottle X 6 = RM24 (that’s for a one way trip plus another RM24 for the return trip) We spent a total of RM48 just to drink water on the flight.

(Please take note: Do not order Malaysian Cuisine if you’re flying from an overseas destination back to KL. Always order international meal. I had the nasi lemak on the flight back from GC to KL. The sambal ikan bilis tastes like tomato paste and don’t get me started on the rice!)

As for Air Asia’s flight attendants’ overall appearance with regards to their hair and facial makeup, they seriously need to go for some self grooming classes. (Air Asia’s flight attendants facial makeup looks like they’re getting ready to perform Chinese Opera!!!) Hubby says that the flight attendants of Air Asia are probably rejects of other airlines. (Got to say I agree with him)

But if you don’t mind air conditioning that does not work, flight attendants in short skirts with blond coloured hair/blond highlights with “hideous” make up and speaks atrocious English (in some cases, atrocious Malay as well) fly Air Asia. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment