Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hello two oh oh ten!

"My first entry of 2010, not much words
but definitely loads of pics. :D"

Seven days into the new year, I guess it’s still not too late to wish everybody a very happy new year. May 2010 fill your hearts with new hopes, open up new horizons and bring you promises of brighter tomorrows.

My family & I welcomed the new year with a bang, literally speaking, as we were fortunate enough to get tickets to watch the fireworks at Marina Bay, here in Singapore on board one of the Hippo River Cruise. The fireworks display was spectacular, though it only lasted for 10 minutes, was indeed a wonderful way to usher in the new year.


One of the many, many shots of the firework display taken by Hubby.

The first few days of 2010 was quite hectic for me as the in laws (FIL,MIL,SIL,BIL my 2 years old nephew and their maid) were here and also getting Shafiq ready for school. (last minute shopping for school shoes, school bag, etc...) We always end up doing all the “tourist-ty stuffs” over & over again whenever we have guests visiting us. Hence, the 22 trips to Hong Kong Disneyland when we were residing in Hong Kong not too long ago.

Spent the first day of 2010 at Singapore Zoo. (my second trip there actually within a span of 2 months). I personally feel that the Singapore Zoo deserves to be ranked among the top zoos of the world. The animals are housed in beautifully landscaped enclosures which is very much similar to their natural habitats. So, to those of you planning a trip to Singapore any time soon, the Singapore Zoo must be on your list of things to do/see.

Some of the pics taken at the Singapore Zoo.

Shafiq & Mommy

Shafiq with his Atuk & Wan
      
A shot of the White Bengal Tiger taken by Hubby

Shafiq: "Mommy, when can I get my driver's licence?"

"Rombongan Cik Kiah"

"Rombongan Cik Kiah" kelaparan....

Shafiq, Mommy & the Orang Utans.

Shafiq, so tired from all the excitement at the Zoo.

The Giraffes.

Me telling Hubby: " Sayang, I'm sooooooo tired. Wanna go home!!!"

Second day of the new year was spent at Sentosa Island. It was once a fishing village known as Pulau Blakang Mati that later became a military fortress for the British. The island was then handed back to the Singapore Government and in 1968, the Government decided to develop the island into a holiday resort. The name "Sentosa" was choosen for the island resort as it meant "peace and tranquility in Malay".

There are loads and loads of things to do/see at Sentosa but we only managed to cover a few. We started  out at Imbiah Lookout that has about 11 attractions and later headed to Palawan Beach for lunch.

Pics from our Sentosa outing.

Mommy's little soldier.

Tiger Sky Tower - Singapore's tallest observatory tower

Shafiq & Daddy in the Sky Tower.

View from the Sky Tower.

"Wan" with her 2 grandsons.

Trying to get my nephew down from the truck.

Shafiq goofing around with Daddy & cousin Zafran (aka Fafan)

Taking a break at one of the many, many fountains. 
In the background, the Merlion.

Palawan Beach at Sentosa.

My darling nephew doing a "Baywatch" pose. 

Darling nephew doing...... (don't know what..) hehehe

Come January 3rd, left my in-laws on their own as they went off to Geylang & Orchard for some retail theraphy. Believe it or not, I spend the whole Sunday looking for a suitable school bag for Shafiq as school starts the following day. (Talk about doing things so the very last minute, well, that's me, guilty as charged!)

I wonder what 2010 has in store for me. 2009 was indeed a very eventful year for me and my family. I don't think I should dwell about the past anymore as it is a new year after all. Here's to hoping for a bright and happy year ahead.

Happy New Year You All!

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! its an awesome Photo-blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers to the New Year my friend!
    New new new everything!

    btw - you hair looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. KaiserSoze: Of course you love it. All the shots taken by you. :p

    Prakash: Happy New Year Babe. It's gonna be a great year for you, trust me! Can't wait for your return to Penang. We'll be so much closer. C u in Feb my dear. :D

    ReplyDelete