Friday, January 22, 2010

Shafiq and his first BFF.

A conversation I had with Shafiq recently.

Shafiq: Mummy, how much money does Daddy have?

Me: Why?

Shafiq: I want to go somewhere.

Me: Where do you want to go?

Shafiq: New Zealand.

Upon hearing New Zealand, I immediately knew why he wanted to go there, but I still asked him why anyway.

Me: Why New Zealand?

Shafiq: I want to see Jessica. I miss her. She is my best friend in the whole wide world.

Just as I thought, Shafiq misses Jessica. (Jessie for short). She was Shafiq's closest friend when we were residing in Hong Kong. They go to the same school and happen to be in the same class.On top of that, they were neighbours. Jessie and her family lives in Tower 7 while we were living in Tower 6. Shafiq and I used to hang out with Jessie and her Mom all the time. Whenever Jessie's Mom has errands to run, she'll drop Jessie at our place. The same goes for me. Whenever I have errands to run, I'll drop Shafiq off at Jessie's place.

Jessie and her family has since moved back to New Zealand and we eventually moved to Singapore. I still keep in touch with Jessie's Mom from time to time via facebook or email. Though Shafiq has new friends now, he'll always tell me how much he misses Jessie.

I was going through some of our old photos when were living in Hong Kong and came across so many pictures of Shafiq and Jessie.



Shafiq and Jessie on their first trip together to HK Disneyland.




Shafiq with Jessie and Aunty Jamie (Jessie's Mom)



Shafiq and Jessie trying to find their way in Disneyland.



Shafiq and Jessie attempting to sail Jessie's Dad's boat.



Always hugging each other.



Shafiq and Jessie trying out their scooters.



Finding their way on yet another trip to Disneyland.



Shafiq as Prince Charming & Jessie as Cinderella (if I'm not mistaken)
on Character Book Day.



Another "huggy-huggy" pic of them.



Shafiq & Jessie getting ready to go somewhere.



Shafiq and Jessie in Chinese costumes
for their school's Chinese New Year Celebrations.



Shafiq, Jessie and their friend Arpit during Sports Day.



Shafiq and Jessie dancing together at a party.
Oppsss, sorry, not Jessie. :D
It's Juanna, his friend from the Phillipines.



Shafiq and Jessie in their Lantau International School uniform.



Shafiq and Jessie "lepakking" in front of the TV.
(Can't see the TV in the picture though. :D)



Shafiq with his parents and Jessie with her parents.



A "Kodak Moment" with Donald & Daisy
on one of their many, many trips to Disneyland.

Looking back at all those photos, I now understand why Shafiq misses her. They spent so much time together. Hope they will always have fond memories of each other.

1 comment: