Friday, January 8, 2010

What to do???

Hubby usually wakes up around 5.45 in the morning for his morning cycle. I’m usually up by 6 something but my maid gets up at 7 in the morning. Howlah???

We took her in about 3 months ago, about a week before I gave birth to my Late Daughter Sara. The first few weeks, we found her to be a tremendous help. She wakes up early, breakfast is always ready on the table. Always smiling and ever ready to do anything. She treated my son Shafiq like he was a King, attending to his every beck & call. She hardly watches TV and whenever we come home, she’s always by the door to help carry our stuff.

But the last few weeks, she like totally changed. Wakes up late, later than me & Hubby. In fact, a few weekends ago, when we were supposed to drive back to KL at 7 in the morning, she was still asleep at 6.45am & I had to wake her up when I have already informed her the night before about the KL trip. She doesn’t prepare breakfast anymore, so Hubby & I end up having breakfast outside. Whenever Shafiq calls her for help, she will only respond to him 10 to 15 minutes later. She threw out a very special birthday present from a dear friend of mine, telling me she thought it was “sampah”. She doesn’t inform me when kitchen/food supply finishes. My closet is a mess, she just keeps stuffing the clean clothes without arranging it properly.She watches TV day & night and whenever the family goes to bed at night, she’s still watching TV.

What am I supposed to do? I’m not the type who scolds/mistreat the maid. I’ve been very nice to the maid. I buy her stuff. We take her out for lunch/dinner. Take her out to the movies. Gave her salary advance when she just started work so that she can send money back home to Indonesia. Even took her to the Singapore Zoo on New Year’s Day recently.

Seriously, I can’t take it anymore. She’s really testing my patience!!! I really feel like letting her go. What’s the point of having a maid when I end up doing everything myself??? The only problem I’ll be facing if I were to let her go will be Shafiq. I can’t leave him all alone at home when I’m out running errands. Furthermore, Shafiq is a very “homely” boy, doesn’t like to go out much unless if it is a trip to Toys R Us, the bowling alley or the cinema.

Sigh.... Don’t know what to do.

Got to go. Time to fetch Shafiq from school.

(Note: As I’m writing this, the maid is watching TV in my son’s room)

2 comments:

  1. mmg lemak berkrim betul maid tu... kena strict skit n kadang2 ngan sesetengah maid ni kena disuruh buat itu ini mcm kitaorg punya maid dulu. kena cucuk sekali baru nak jln. kalau perangai x ubah jugak, better let go dari kita penat buat kerja n sakit hati. kalau let go ada replacement ke? duit yg byr ajen tu mcm mana?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear sui,

    my mom experienced the same kinda maid years ago. she was very rajin for the first month but later showed her true colour. just like your maid. my mom sent her back to the agent and asked for another maid.

    sometimes, diorang ni tak boleh buat baik sangat, nanti naik kepala. ada ke patut bangun lambat dari boss...? where got road like that. she's the maid act like one.

    jangan pening-pening ok, dear. we have to be firm. i know you and zameen are really nice people. kena bekeras in this kinda situation.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete