Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Shoulder To Cry On.

Today’s entry is dedicated to a very special person in my life, Ms P, who has been a friend when I’m in need, my shoulder to cry on & the best gal friend that I could ever hope for.



Dearest P,


I understand the turmoil, the anxiety that you’re currently going through. You’re wondering whether the decision you made to leave Hong Kong is the right thing to do.


Please ignore the comments you’ve been getting from others as to why you should remain in Hong Kong. It is your life after all and only you would know what’s best for you. 


“No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow. – Alice Walker”


What is the point of continuing to be in a place that no longer makes you happy especially when your heart yearns to be back home among your loved ones?


God works in mysterious ways and I’m sure God has a plan for you. Taking this bold step to move back home, is no doubt a big gamble, career wise. But then you’ve pretty much being doing the same thing for the past 7 years. It’s definitely time to move on. You don’t owe anybody anything but yourself.


I salute you for being very brave in deciding that it’s time to move on at this juncture of your life. It takes a lot of guts and determination. If there’s anybody I know who can make it through life no matter what life may have in store for him/her, that person is definitely YOU!


Before I log off, a little something for you.


A Friend's Greeting


I'd like to be the sort of friend that
you have been to me;
I'd like to be the help that
you've been always glad to be;


I'd like to mean as much to you
each minute of the day
As you have meant, dearest friend of mine,
to me along the way.


I'd like to do the big things and
the splendid things for you,
To brush the gray from out your skies
and leave them only blue;


I'd like to say the kindly things that
I so often have heard,
And feel that I could rouse your soul
the way that mine you've stirred.


I'd like to give you back the joy
that you have given me,
Yet that were wishing you a need
I hope will never be;


I'd like to make you feel as rich as I,
who travel on
Undaunted in the darkest hours with you to
lean upon.


I'm wishing at this time that I
could but repay
A portion of the gladness that
you've strewn along my way;


And could I have one wish this year,
this only would it be:
I'd like to be the sort of friend
that you have been to me.


- Edgar A Guest -


Please remember that, you’ll always have a friend in me, who’ll stand by you all the way, no matter what you may decide in life.


xoxo
Mrs Z

2 comments:

  1. Thank you my darling friend!! shy lah!!
    Am so glad I met you here in HK. Thank you for all that you have done for me and always being there for me. Knowing you always believe in me makes me stronger.. Love you loads...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah... finally a comment from you. So. you finally figured out how to create an account so that you could post a comment. Cayalah!!!

    I meant every word I said my dear. It's time to move on. Hong Kong will always have a special place in our hearts.

    Here's to a bright future ahead for you. Cheers!!! :D

    ReplyDelete