Friday, November 12, 2010

Halloween.

Guess where am I at the moment?

At Starbucks in Parkway Parade, with my MacBook plugged to one of the electrical sockets, making full use of Starbucks's free WIFI while sipping my Ice Shaken Lemon Tea. 

What a poser, right? Yup, I agree. I selalu kutuk those people who bring their laptops to coffee joints so that they can enjoy the free WIFI by just buying one miserable drink and sitting there for hours and making it difficult for others who actually came for food and drinks to find available seats. 

But in my defense, I don't have a choice today. Shafiq has Kumon every Tuesdays and Friday mornings here in Parkway Parade. Usually while waiting for him to finish, I'll go for coffee with my fellow Malaysian friend Hwi Ling, whose son Nicholas also attends Kumon with Shafiq. However, since she's not around today, I'm all alone, so decided to bring my MacBook and do a bit of blogging. :D

In the midst of his end of year exams, Shafiq managed some time off from studying (and his Mommy's constant nagging, shouting and screaming asking him to study) to go "trick or treating" during Halloween recently. The residents of the condominium complex that we currently reside is made up of 80% expats, so a lot of "Mat Salehs". Therefore, the condo management organizes "trick or treating" for the kids on a yearly basis.

Kids get to dress up as any scary or cute characters of their choice and go "trick or treating" from condo to condo (only condos' that have volunteered to participate in the "trick or treating" i.e: you must be willing to buy lots of chocolates and candies to be given out to sugar high kids knocking on your door constantly.) We volunteered our place last year but decided to give it a rest this year and just register Shafiq to join the "trick or treating" with the rest of the kids at our condo.

Here are this year's Halloween pics of Shafiq. Let the pics tell the story.

Sorry Guys. Having problems uploading the pics. Waited so long for the pics to be uploaded but I kept getting "server error" notifications. Agaknya sebab guna WIFI free, kot???

Anyway, I've got to pick Shafiq. He should be done with his Kumon by now. I'll try to upload the pics later in the afternoon from home.

Ciao for now.

Note: Trick-or-treating is a customary practice for children on Halloween seen in many countries. Children in costumes, either in large groups or accompanied by an adult, travel from house to house in order to ask for treats such as candy (or, in some cultures, money) with the question "Trick or treat?". The "trick" is a (usually idle) threat to perform mischief on the homeowners or their property if no treat is given. (Info taken from Mr Wiki.)

No comments:

Post a Comment