Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Love-Hate Relationship With "October".

The month of October has always been a favourite month of mine, besides the obvious month of December, being my birthday month. (So dear family members and friends, a big hint here. wink,wink) Hubby and I got married on October 20th, 2001. Since then, we both look forward to October, every single year as we celebrate that very special day in both of our lives when we officially became Mr. and Mrs. Z.

Besides our wedding anniversary, it is also the birth month of my late Dad, my late daughter and my darling sister, Linda. (Love you Sis)

However, it has now turn into a month of sadness and despair as both my Dad and daughter passed on in October. My Dad passed away on 17/10/2007, six days after celebrating his 63rd birthday on 11/10/2007 while my baby girl said goodbye to this world on 7/10/2009, exactly three days after making an entrance into our lives on 4/10/2009.

Since losing both my Dad and my daughter in the month of October, my wedding anniversary does not hold that much importance in my life, a fact that I much and truly regret. And for that, I owe my Darling Hubby, a huge apology. Despite the efforts that Hubby has put into making our wedding anniversary, a special event every single year, I find myself feeling guilty that I have a reason to be happy when two of the most important people in my life are no longer here with me.

So from today onwards, I promise myself that it is time I move on with my life, no matter how past memories has it's ways of bringing me down at times, as I still have a wonderful Hubby, an amazing son, a great family, supportive inlaws and incredible friends. I love you all.

To Hubby dearest, let's have a kicking and roaring celebration this coming anniversary. But on a more practical and religious note, having a "kenduri kesyukuran" is the best anniversary celebration to be had as I want God to know how thankful I am to be married to you. Amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment