Sunday, October 17, 2010

Life 101. (Lesson 1)

"I've learned that you should always leave your loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see or talk to them".

The last time I saw my late Dad was the day before our life changing move to Hong Kong in 2007. Exactly 1 month and 16 days before he passed away. He did not see me off at the airport as he is a person who hated goodbyes. 

The last time I spoke to my Dad was on the morning of Raya in 2007. Four days later he passed away.

"Take care Daddy. I'll talk to you again soon", were my last words to him.

If only I'd known that was to be our last conversation with each other, I would have told him,

"I Love You So Much Daddy".

To those of you blessed with parents who are still very much present in your lives, make sure that the last words spoken to them, are words of love and that the last image they see of you is a happy one. You never know, it might just be the last time you get to see them or speak to them. 

That is why nowadays, I make sure that I end my phone conversations with my Mom saying "I Love You" because it might just be the last words I get to say to her.

Today marks the 3rd year since my Dad left us.

To my Daddy Dearest, "Please know Daddy that you're always in my thoughts and my prayers. I miss you."

Al Fatihah.

No comments:

Post a Comment