Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri.

I received some bits of info pertaining to Hari Raya from a reliable source in JAKIM. Don't really know how true it is (please don't quote me) but it seems that Raya this year will be on September 9th (Thursday), instead of the gazetted September 10th (Friday). Kat Facebook pun, dah kecoh with many people putting up status about Raya being on the 9th of September. Well, whatever date it may be, yours truly and family will be making our way back to KL tomorrow. Hopefully, it's gonna be a smooth sailing drive all the way back to Bandar Baru Bangi. Hopefully no traffic jam at the Immigration checkpoint in Tuas. Last year's Raya, kita orang sangkut kat Immigration checkpoint for nearly 2 hours!!!! Dah lah puasa time tu, bukannya boleh makan atau minum.

Honestly speaking, Hubby and I feel like skipping out on the whole Raya festivities this year. We initially thought of taking a trip somewhere and just forget about Raya. But when we think about Shafiq who at his age gets so excited about Raya and who is so looking forward to the mercun and bunga api that his Aunty Linda (my sister) bought for him and all the duit Raya coming his way, we decided not to give it a miss for Shafiq's sake.

I am sure to those who has been following this blog would know why we don't feel like celebrating. 

Raya tahun lepas, we were so looking forward to this year's Raya thinking that we'll be celebrating it with our new baby. I dah siap berangan that Shafiq will be in matching baju Melayu with his Daddy while yours truly will be in matching baju kurung with my baby girl. Unfortunately, God has other plans and not everything we hope and wish for comes true. So, this year's Raya, it's still gonna be just the 3 of us. Nak buat macam mana. Dah ditakdirkan macam tu. Crying myself a river will not bring my baby girl back to me.

Anyway, enough cerita sedih. Tak baik sedih-sedih time Raya, betul tak? My baby girl is in a better place and for that I should be happy. 

Al Fatihah for my lil angel.

Berbalik kepada cerita Raya, as I’ll be offline celebrating Raya with family and friends back in Malaysia, stuffing myself with my Mom’s yummylicious nasi dagang,  MIL’s fabulous cookies and cakes, all the ketupats, lemang, rendang, that I could get hold of, my wishes to all fellow Muslims all over the world:

“On the holy occasion of Eid ul-Fitr/Hari Raya Aidilfitri, 
here’s wishing that the blessings of Allah light up your way 
and lead you to eternal peace and happiness.

“Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri. 
Maaf, zahir dan batin”

From,
 Mrs Z and family.”

Have a good Raya/Eid everybody. To fellow Malaysians who will be on the road a lot this festive season, do drive safely. "Berhati-hati di jalan raya. Semoga anda selamat tiba".

As I will definitely be posting my Raya pics after the holidays, allow me to share some pics from last Raya. Bittersweet memories no doubt for the family but wouldn’t trade the pics for anything.








p/s: Updates on Shafiq & Me. My left ear is functioning properly once again. I can hear. Yeah!! Shafiq is no longer coughing and back on track with his fasting. :-)

3 comments:

  1. My dear, wishing you and your family Selamat Hari Raya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i pon ada dgr raya on thurs. tskkk. esok i dah kene standby packing baju!!

    sedihnya :( lg sedih lps tgk gambar2 tu. hopefully there will be a chance for u utk beraya 4 atau 5 org dan seterusnya :) insyaAllah.

    selamat hari raya to u & ur family. have a safe journey dan tidak terperangkap dlm jam di tuas .. doa lebih sket ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Selamat Hari Raya to you my love..yes, it is painful but I guess what took place happened for reasons that only the Almighty would know..

    At least we still have the three of us together to celebrate it this year :)

    Love you loads..

    ReplyDelete