Monday, July 19, 2010

I Ain't No Gold Digger.

A word of caution. Today’s entry may contain some “unfavourable” choice of words.

I posted photos from our recent Gold Coast trip on my facebook page recently. I was a bit hesitant actually as I thought I would just save the pics for my blog page instead but friends and family members who knew about our trip kept asking to see the pics.

I guess it’s normal that there are “some” facebook friends that think you are such a show off, that you just enjoy “flaunting” holiday trips overseas. Well to those so-called friends who have been harbouring those thoughts about me (and talking behind my back) “s*d off…. I don’t give a f**k”. If you are truly my friend, you should be happy for me.

Well, today’s entry is not about them actually but about a comment I received on one of the pics from the Gold Coast Album that I posted on facebook. A former schoolmate of mine posted the following comment:

“wah u so kaya lah, can go holiday and enjoy life. U married well”

I really take offence on the “u married well” bit. It’s like implying I was purposely on the look out to marry some rich guy so that I could “marry well”.

Let it be known to the world that when I first met my husband, he was just a junior entry executive earning RM1,800/USD560 and driving this hideous looking blue proton satria (loved the car but hated the hideous colour). My father in law is neither a Dato’ nor is he a Tan Sri. (Well, he did acquire the title of “Datuk” after Shafiq was born.)

I married him for the man he was and the man I knew he would be someday. We both worked equally hard, made some sacrifices along the way to get where we are today.  I am very proud of what my Hubby has achieved, which enables the family to live a very comfortable life, with the occasional trips abroad.

Sad to say, I personally know some people who made it a point to find somebody rich so that they could “marry well”. I have a friend who broke it off with her college sweetheart just because he came from a not so well to do background so that she could marry the son of some “Tan Sri”.  

Well, yours truly ain’t no gold digger!!!

4 comments:

  1. blurghhh. y must have this kind of phd attitude? org-org mcm ni ialah org yg jeles & sentiasa x puas hati bile ada org lebih dr dia. huh.

    maybe some reply needs to be this way "yes, i am (for married well), u didnt maa? poor u".

    ReplyDelete
  2. FrH:
    Hahaha... I think I should put up the comment you suggested. Biar terkujat sikit orang tu. Padahal kita org pegi Gold Coast tu pun naik Air Asia je. Beli ticket time promo "zero fare". Tapi lepas campur tax, makan & etc, tak jugak "zero". :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just so insecure and jealous. Loads are like that and thru fbk we often can see through them. Anyway hasn't she heard that everybody can fly wit air asia?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pearly:
    It's so true. You can actually see your friends true colours on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete