Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Happy But Sad.

Is it possible to be happy about something and yet at the same time experience some feelings of sadness and disappointment?

I just received some fabulous news about somebody in the family this morning. I am so happy for that particular family member. But here's the thing. I got to know the happy news from another member of the family. Therefore the feeling of happiness is hinged with bits of sadness and some disappointment as well.

I really thought I share a close relationship with this so-called family member but apparently I was wrong. I guess I'm not worthy enough in that person's books to receive any good or happy news to come that person's way.

Well, so be it. If that's how you feel about me, who am I to say anything. It's your happy news, your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment