Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Birthday Breakfast.

Salam and hello dear readers. Apa khabar? Hope all's well and to all mommies celebrating Hari Raya Haji this coming Friday, mesti dah start pening kepala pikirkan nak masak apa pagi Raya nanti. 

We still haven't decided whether we'll be driving back to KL for Raya Haji. Firstly, because Mr Z kata I still need the rest. Dia risau, travel jauh-jauh ni, tak elok for me at the moment. Secondly, next Monday, Shafiq's end of year exams begins. So kalau dah balik beraya kat Malaysia tu, confirmlah tak study untuk exams. Bab-bab exams ni, Mr Z and I memang ada sedikit "kiassu". Shafiq must make sure results semuanya Band 1. Sekolah kat Singapore ni, can be quite stressful. Lebih-lebih lagi, Shafiq is in the top class. Ramai budak-budak in his class yang score 100%. Baru-baru ini, for practice exams, Shafiq only scored 89 for his Maths, Mommy sudah stress!!!

My mom in law is always saying that since we all "anak sorang aje", must make sure dia "menjadi". So kalau results Shafiq teruk, bukan aje Shafiq yang pressure, his mommy lagi pressure!!! Kadang-kadang tu, I pity my son. But if I don't push him now, I takut makin lama, results makin teruk. Nanti by then, too late to do anything. I have a friend who's son has been failing Maths since Primary 3 but she thought, it's okay, still a long way to go before PSLE (Primary 6 exams in Singapore, something like UPSR in Malaysia). Now her son is already finishing Primary 5,which means he'll be sitting for his PSLE next year and he is still failing Maths. Only now, the mother is starting to worry.

Okaylah, enough stressful stories about exams. Let's move on to a happier one. Hari ni, I ada sedikit derhaka. Dah langgar pantang sikit. Kalau my Mom tahu, habislah I. I know I should still be resting at home. Mr Z tak bagi drive so I macam "patah sayap" cannot go anywhere on my own. But my darling friend Rose, came to my rescue and took me out today. hehe..

Actually, it is my friend Shariffah's birthday today. She's a good friend of mine and I didn't tell her what happened to me recently. I bukannya tak nak beritahu dia, but I didn't want to trouble my friends. As it is, those friends who know, tak habis-habis nak tolong I. Imagine if I told her, lagilah ramai kawan yang nak tolong. So I had to dengar her long lecture about keeping her in the dark about my recent ordeal. She said she doesn't just want to be my "happy-happy" friend, she also wants to be there for me di kala susah. She said, susah senang, together. 

Alhamdulillah. I do have many good friends here.

Rose went to fetch Shariffah and then came over to fetch me. We took Shariffah for a birthday breakfast at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Beanstro which is located at The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands. Actually, it's just a "higher end" Coffee Bean. The menu selection is better than the normal Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf outlets plus a better ambience because the Beanstro overlooks a swirling water fountain and you can see sampans passing by the central canal.


Me and the "birthday girl".


The menu. Pilihlah nak makan apa. Macam-macam ada!!!


I opted for "bangers and mash". 
The caramelised onions on top of the bangers is quite yummy.


The 3 of us. The lady in purple is Rose, my "guardian angel".
In the background, is the central canal whereby you can see sampans passing by.
 If the time is right, you can also see the 
swirling water fountain cascading down from the top.


One final photo for the day. Outside the entrance to Beanstro. 
Whenever we come here, we always choose to sit outside by the canal. 
Much more cooling than inside.

It's a nice place to bring family and friends for breakfast or brunch. They also have all day dining here. The f&b pricing here is pretty reasonable and for muslim customers, this place is halal certified. 

That's all for today. I've got to go now. Once again, a very happy birthday to our dear friend Shariffah. Hope she enjoyed her "birthday breakfast" with us.

2 comments:

  1. Hi sis Z,

    Sis boleh panggil saya dini jer, nama sebenar panjang sgt..kihkihkih. Rasanya semua mak risau ttg pencapaian anak di sekolah kan, mcm kita dulu2, sure mak kita pon stress gak...saya belum lg tiba saat tu, pasai anak sulung baru 4 thn...hihihi.

    Selamat hari raya aidil adha sis. Kat mana pon sambut yg penting kita bersama famili kan. InsyaAllah malam esok saya bertolak ke Kelantan (kampung). Take care sis.

    Good luck for Syafiq.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mixed-family in da house....

    Salam Dini. Please call me Kak Su. "Mrs Z" ni sempena nama suami yg start dgn huruf Z. hehe... so lame, right?

    Betul apa yang Dini katakan tu. Mak kita dulu pun stress jugak bila time anak2 nak exams. Dini, kat Singapore ni, budak-budak umur 2,3 tahun pun dah start pegi enrichment classes. Kalau Dini stay kat sini, sure Dini pun dah sibuk nak masukkan anak Dini untuk extra classes walaupun anak Dini baru 4 years old.

    Kat sini, parents kebanyakkannya memang "kiassu" when it comes to education. Semuanya tak nak kalah. Sebab tu, Kak Su pun dah jadi "kiassu" jugak sebab takut Shafiq ketinggalan.

    Thank you for wishing Shafiq good luck.

    Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha to you and family. Berhati-hati bawak kereta pulang ke kampung, especially waktu malam. Safe trip back to Kelantan my dear. :)

    ReplyDelete