Friday, June 25, 2010

Five Minutes.

Pheeewww. Need to take a 5 minutes breather. Been up and about since 6am. It was raining cats and dogs this morning, so ended up being stuck in the traffic for quite a bit in the CBD area after dropping Hubby to work. As traffic was really at a crawl, reached home late which resulted in Shafiq being late for his 9am Kumon class today. Thought of going to the market but just in the nick of time, heard on radio that Geylang Serai was flooded. Ended up doing my marketing in Giant at Parkway Parade instead. Finish marketing, pick up Shafiq, rush home to cook lunch (which is basically gonna be tonight’s dinner as well) and here I am!

My house is currently in a mess as I started my “spring cleaning” project. Need to clear away all the old stuff as we’re really running out of storage space. (maybe too much unnecessary purchase lately. Can’t help it!!! The Great Singapore Sale is on! :D) The good thing about "spring cleaning" is that you are finally able to find things/stuff that you thought you’ve lost. (In my case, things that has been misplaced by the maid!!!)

Have been offline for the past few days. Something wrong with our MacBook Pro. Just got it back last night. Apparently, the “logic board” needed to be replaced. Logic Board??? Huh??? That’s what Hubby told me. Anyway, I’ve come to the conclusion that I can’t live without the internet. Not that I need to check my facebook constantly (nope, I’m not an fb junkie), or update my blog constantly (which I rarely do), but I realise that I just love surfing the net for anything and everything.

Looks like my 5 minutes break is over. Got to go and finish my “spring cleaning” project. My sister in law & her family will be coming over tonight. They’re driving down from KL to spend the weekend here, to check out the last few remaining days of the Great Singapore Sale. If I don’t finish my “spring cleaning” by this evening, there’s not going to be a guestroom available for them.

Bye for now. Have a great weekend!

p/s: Believe it or not, dragged Hubby to accompany me to Engelbert Humperdinck's concert at Singapore's Indoor Stadium last night. I bet many of you are in the dark about who in heavens is Engelbert Humperdinck. Well, he was my late Dad's favorite singer and I grew up listening to his songs. 

For a 74 year old guy, I think he's really cool and last night's performance was awesome. Hubby actually enjoyed himself despite his earlier grunts and complaints about having to accompany me to the concert. To my darling Hubby, thank you for accompanying me to the concert. Love you.

3 comments:

  1. Bloghopped to your blog via your hubby's blog. I actually know who Engelbert Humperdinck is. Hehehe...Oh gosh! I am old! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sui! I love Engelberg Humperdink and one of my handphone ringtones is Quando3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cosmic_Gurl: Hi there! Welcome to my humble blog. Nothing compared to yours though. (Checked it out and love it!!!) It's good to know that I'm not the only one who knows who Engelbert Humperdinck is. :D

    Nita: Hi Darling. Yeay!!!! Ada gang. I pun suka Quando,Quando, Quando. Whenever dengar that song, always feel like singing along to it. :D

    ReplyDelete