Monday, March 1, 2010

It's never easy.


My sister in law, Nadia & I share a great relationship. Having her for a sister in law is indeed one of the great perks that came with my marriage to Hubby.



I really feel sad for her and I want her to know that I understand exactly what she’s going through at the moment. I was so happy for her when she informed me in January that she was pregnant only to be informed last week that she has to go through “D&C” procedure tomorrow to let go of her baby as the doctor couldn’t detect the baby’s heartbeat during her last antenatal checkup.

It’s never easy when somebody loses a baby either during pregnancy or after birth but learning from my own experience, life has to go on.

To my darling sister in law: "Be strong my dear. You'll get through this. Just remember that I'm always here for you. Love you"

Note about D & C procedure:
(Info taken from Medline Plus)

D and C is a procedure to scrape and collect the tissue (endometrium) from inside the uterus.
Dilatation ("D") is a widening of the cervix to allow instruments into the uterus.
Curettage ("C") is the scraping of the walls of the uterus.

D and C, also called uterine scraping, may be performed in the hospital or in a clinic while you are under general or local anesthesia.
The health care provider will insert an instrument called a speculum into the vagina. This holds open the vaginal canal. Numbing medicine may be applied to the opening to the uterus. (cervix)
The cervical canal is widened using a metal rod, and a curette (a metal loop on the end of a long, thin handle) is passed through the opening into the uterus cavity. The doctor gently scrapes the inner layer of tissue, called the endometrium. The tissue is collected for examination.
This procedure may be done to:
                Diagnose conditions such as uterine cancer
                Remove tissue after a miscarriage
                Treat heavy menstrual bleeding or irregular periods .
                Perform a therapeutic or elective abortion
                Investigate infertility

No comments:

Post a Comment